Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Tech Talk (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

repowering with diesels

anybody can answer this for me,what is the best horsepower in diesels to go with for a 233? If single what do you suggest,if twin what do y…

Started by Bertram Major

5 Sep 25, 2010
Reply by DAVID MCCALLUM

engine cuts out in reverse

Hey there everyone  I was out in my boat last weekend and when i slip it into reverse and apply any throttle the engine cuts out immediatly…

Started by bill pugh

2 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by bill pugh

Fresh Water Cooling system leaks

I have a 1990 Merc 5.7L I/O with the fresh water cooling system (heat exchanger).  The issue is that the coolant (just water) in the block…

Started by Mike Sturgis

1 Jun 24, 2010
Reply by DAVID MCCALLUM

mercruiser tr2 outdrive

just purchased a 1968 233 with the original tr2 outdrive. outdrive appears to be in good shape. does anyone have any info good or bad on th…

Started by rob holcombe

6 Jun 13, 2010
Reply by DAVID MCCALLUM

Props and exhaust

I purchased a couple of new Power Tech OFX-4 blade Polished SS 17" pitch. My stb. engine will not turn the same RPM's as the port engine at…

Started by Kenneth J. Carroll

1 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by David

were must be located the longitudinal center of balance??

Hi, when i use the F233 with a single omc 225 all the time is bow up and stern down, not very straight runer,this have no seat boxes or any…

Started by roberto alvarez

8 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by roberto alvarez

GAS TANK

Can anyone tell me what the pick up inside my gas tank is made of and what it looks like. I think the new gas has finally taken it's toll.…

Started by Roy Waldheger

0 Jul 1, 2009

Still Stalling

Hello I have been dealing with a stalling problem since last season. At this point I have narrowed the problem to ignition troubles. I hav…

Started by Wilburt King Jr.

10 Jun 30, 2009
Reply by Chris

alpha drive VS Bravo drive

Hello I have to replace my transom assembly and was wondering if now was a good time to move up to a bravo drive. I currently have a new 26…

Started by Adam White

0 Jun 30, 2009

exhaust

hey guys, im the newbie!!!! anyways this is only my second boat and a big step up to the 1984 19' chris craft scorpion i first had. Im real…

Started by Dave

5 May 5, 2009
Reply by Dave

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service