Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

454 mpi in a 233 sportsman? anyone running one? or similar?

Hello everyone. I am starting to circle back to my ole 233 boat project that I have been fooling with for a couple of years. I finally got settled for the most part into my house and am getting the itch to tear my Formula apart and start to fix everything. I have been really struggling with what to re power with. I have yet again found a pretty good deal on a boat to get as a parts donor. It has a 2001 454 mpi with about 300 hours on it. Also has a bravo one outdrive. Also has those really cool stainless marine exhaust header/manifolds on it.  What kind of performance can I expect with this combination if I decide to go this route?  Will it be a total gas hog and no faster than say a 350 vortec? It seems to me that the h.p. rating on the 454 is like 330 and it is nearly the same on the 350 vortec with a 4bbl.  I have always believed that there is no true replacement for displacement but that may not be the case always.  Again, my reason for considering it is I can usually find 454 and bravo packages in used project boats at a good price versus buying bravo units and complete engines individually .  Will the big block affect the way the boat will ride or handle?  Will it make it feel heavy when running?  Already felt heavy with the current 305 lol!  Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Views: 133

Reply to This

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service