Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Original Hull/boat plate for a 1972 Formula 233 by Thunderbird.

I am looking for a picture of an original Hull/boat plate for a 1972 Formula 233 by Thunderbird. I am trying to have a replica made for my 233, the original one was lost years ago. I have been restoring my boat for the past year and finally getting close enough to start thinking about details. Thanks in advance

Views: 2252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome job on the cabin appointment. The attention to detail is extrodinary. What type of finish is on the walls? Is it paint or gelcoat? If paint, what type and brand?

I sure looks great! Thanks

Hi,

don't know if you got anywhere with this nameplate. I've been restoring a 1970 17' formula and also recently acquired a 1976 23' CC. I have the script formula type and bird redrawn and also own an awards manufacturing business that has a number of engraving processes, lasers, CNC, digital printing, so recreating these would be fairly easy. I'm going to do the capacity plate for my two boats. If your interested let me know. Cost would be nominal, figuring $15-$20.00 each. They would differ from original in that the originals were injection molded with the brown/black area raised whereas these would be a white or ivory surface with the info engraved into the surface showing black or brown graphics. Appearance wise they'd look pretty close

Thanks for the info and I am definitely a prospect for the capacity plate and a set of the formula script when you are at that stage.

What is the next step for the capacity plate? 

Hi Randy,

I just have to finish up the artwork for the capacity plate. Will get back to you soon.

Thanks!

here's some pics of two capacity plates I just ran.

The white one is white sign plastic laser engraved. The black one is a laser engravable mat black .020" aluminum that is rated for outdoor use as well.

Also posting pics of some hull emblems I've been working on. The brass ones are .125" brass. I need to find someone to chrome plate them.

The ones on the side of my 23 CC are cut from a brushed stainless look plastic that is outdoor rated.

Attachments:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service