Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Outdrive braided lines to tops of outdrives (not power trim) 233 Twins

Thank you for any help. I am fixing up a 1981 Formula 233 with twin 350's. I absolutely love the boat. I know quite a bit about boats and engines but obviously not everything. I have serached high and low, but can find anything on this topic. On my boat I have two braided lines coming out of the transom whcih are not connected. I have seen a few boats on the registry here with those same lines connected to the upper half of their outdrives. Is this for a gear lube resivoir in the engine compartment? I can't seem to find where they go behind my motors inside my hull. I know modern boats have a clear bottle which feeds the drives gear lube when they go down. Can somebody please tell me what these lines are for, and what I should do to reconnect them to my drives? Thank you.

Views: 109

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/parts/11844_191.cfm

Thats an aftermarket gear lube reservoir kit, they didn't start coming with them from the factory till the alpha gen II you have alpha gen I so it's a add on then just plumbed into the uper vent hole on the drive....... you should have some canisters located somewhere in your engine compartment

Thanks for the reply Jason and esp. the link. My tanks have definitely been removed from my engine compartment now that I see what they look like. This must be why my lines are disconnected. Hope your engine work is going well and your boat sees the water again soon.

Hope to be back in the water next weekend, both motors are out with the new couplers installed.  Also found a good size leak on the port transom assy so ordered a new gasket for that. Seems like it never ends haha

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service