Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

I'm planning on upgrading the trim tabs on my 233. With the twin engines and stepped transom there is not much space. I'd like to have a 14" K plane but it seems I would need to modify the transom in order to fit them. Anyone have any experience/ideas?

Views: 314

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Gary,
Im not in sales but Volvo Penta QL line makes a 12" and 18" Tab called an Intercepter. They are made of abs plastic and stick out from the hull about 2". They are electric so there is no hydrolic pump in the way. I am installing them in my 233 this week and will let you know how they fit. We have been used the at Tiara, Luhrs, Carver and Sea Vee and have had no problems. You can see them in the photo. There is only on harness from the helm to the engine room and a small electrical block to install. It is Very clean and beats Lenco or Bennet.
Attachments:
HEY DAVID,
The trim tabs jason is talking about sound pretty cool with the thought of easy install. You may consider a left hand lower sterndrive and try counter rotation propellers. I know its not cheap but it most likely would make a big inprovement in your boats handling. You may not need to use your trim tabs. I like trim tabs but they are like a set of brakes. You put them down and the boat slows down. The alpha sterndrives are becoming afordable new. I may be able to find you a used drive if your interested. Alex
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd really like K planes as I'm looking for some hull extension rather than just general boat attitude adjustment. The boat has tabs now and they work fine for adjusting for prop torque, wind or wieght imbalance. I would consider swapping drives but it gets more expensive as I just had my rh props lab finished. The twins are great but they can get expensive because it's always "Twice as Much"....might be a good name for the 233. Before I bought it I spoke with a friend of mine about it and he told me "don't worry about those twins"....of course he is my mechanic! I've got some options and I'll post the results when I finish and get back in the water in a month or so.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service