Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Hi, I am redoing a 233 cuddy, I bought the boat with a bad 302 Volvo (ford) and hopefully a good duo-prop drive, I bought a new long block as all accessories were in great shape. My question is, its 220 hp? What do you think about performance, I am not looking for a racer but a comfortable cruise with good fuel #;s. What about trim tabs? I have never been out in the boat and need input.  Thanx  Don  860-662-1946  I will be looking for tabs if needed

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It will cruise at 28-30. Probably top near 35.  Not enough power imo. Tabs will help in rougher water. I had a 260 in mine with a pre alpha drive.  It got the job done but it was a slow to me.  Just when you can feel the hull reach its happy speed you will be about at full speed. I am repowering now with twin outboards. I never figured out economy but Im guessing it will be about 2.0 mpg or better with the duoprop depending on your speed.  

I think I sent you a text over at THT...it cruised at 22kts and topped at around 34, but it doesn't burn any fuel...I have a set of cabin louvers and a set of swim platforms if you can use them...both teak  Thanx  Don  860-662-1946

Oh yea!  lol. Its a small www world. Thanks again for the offer. 

hi. about the trim tabs the boat is designed in the bottom part of the stern with a slightly nose down pitch angle is hard to notice but is part of the design at least mine have that angle and is made like a factory trim tap so maybe you dont need to spend that money, some people prefered the hydrofoil on the stern and is cheaper

Hi Don.. Had a single 350 years ago, guess top was about 40.. The sales brochure from 64 shows 2 110 hp Volvo's , claims 28-30 cruise top about 40..

I am restoring a twin 130 mercruiser powered unit.. feel it will be again about 30 cruise over 40 top.

This is a long deck unit. Recoring fwd deck, raising cockpit sole 3 1/2" to get 100 % self bailing.

I am moving 2 batteries fwd, with increased clearance, fuel tank will be shorter and fwd to bulkhead. Motor box will be balsa core 2 sections,. gasketed for watertight, again to save weight.

Old waterline was 1 1/2" above chine at rest, hope to pickup 1/2" with weight changes,tank and battery movement.

Did not have tabs on my 350 boat, nor will I have on this boat.

Art Krause ajax229@windstream.net

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service