Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

I have a somewhat difficult to find 1972 Formula 190, 19' that was only build in 1972 and few boats of this model are around. The boat is a downsized Formula 233 and is 18% shorter in length. The hull is practically a carbon copy with the bump-out transom and strakes that are spot on a Formula 233. The only hull design modification is the lower strake goes completely to the transom as the 233 does not. I have been challenged at locating any information on this year and model and after multiple discussion with Formula they did not have any information on this boat and initially said it was not a Formula. I did chase down a 1972 Formula brochure and gave a copy to Formula so they could make it available to others looking for a 1972 Formula brochure. The boat is in need of a major restoration that I hope to start soon. I have attached a image of the same model boat when it was new, as my friend had one in Ft. Lauderdale. Possibly the photo will create some interest and additional details about this boat?

Views: 227

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its a formula 18

It is a 1972 Formula that was only built 1 year. I have attached a copy of the 1972 Formula Brochure page. I have not had much luck locating any info but this is one of the last early Formula's before the major design changes after the company was sold.
Brochure image

no picture of the Brochure uploaded

Let's try it again
Attachments:
Success! Please let me know your thoughts? The boat hull visually looks exactly like a Formula 233. The only difference is the lower strake goes from the bow to the transom and the Formula 233 the strake stops a few feet before the transom. Maybe with a smaller boat and deep V the hull needs a great lifting and they used the strake to help get the boat a higher running angle. It is only a guess, as I have not seen any of these boats online or someone that can shed additional light on this model. When talking with Formula they had nothing and were appreciative with the brochure that I provided them and they posted it on the Formula website for others the enjoy. Thanks for your comments and interest! Randy

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service