Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Gentlemen!

I am wondering if any change was made to the formula 233 molds throughout the 60s,70s and 80s apart from deck molds. Specifically the gunnel line through the bow. Did the early boats have more nose droop?

Views: 332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To my eye, Davin. I don't think so. At the rub rail line,if you push up the deck it will alter the look. But not the hull. And its the hull that counts.

Hi Davin.. I am tweeking hull #8 1964 vintage LH helm,  have original bill of sale at $7995!!. Background is boatbuilder in 60's avid racing engine type, lot of glass work but only as a player not a business. I notice on my hull the stringers are much closer together than later hulls. Yes wider  gave more room for fuel tank on center but to my mind my hull was done as the raceboat was done.closer was better...In my glass work I have used epoxy when needed , my stringers and transom were sound (50 years of dry covered storage on lake Ontario) so epoxy was adding height to get true self bailing.

If old glass has any oil migration?? I would test patch poly and epoxy to compare bonds. I used epoxy to redo balsa cored foredeck worked great.

This is #2 233 for me , a really great seaboat..  

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service