Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Wanted to get a 233 project started with my father, it will be a slow process and basically Im just looking for any good information about the boat, sites where parts are available, recommendations for motors, and other power related parts.

The boats goal is to be basically an all around fun boat, the model i have been looking at is either the 1979 interceptor, or the 1982ls or any other 233model with the same long deck small windshield design. We would like it to be decently fast as my dad used to race boats, and comfortable... I am looking to mix old school charm with new school technology... Gps, newer motor maybe all aluminum, so any recommendations would be very helpful!

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy to help. Let us know how. Singles cheaper than twins. No aluminum....reliability is paramount. Make sure the one you find doesn't have internal rot...hulls are solid.
I think the one good factor I have going for me Is my dads friendship with a guy that reglasses, gelcoast and repairs hulls for boats... and I see yoru point of no aluminum, My father has been hinting towards a crate motor of some sort... any recommendations on places to get these or sites to get restoration parts???
You'll find a lot of good information on Offshoreonly.com. There are many engine builders our there. Most mechanical parts are readily available from marine suppliers like West Marine. Some things will need to be found used or fabricated.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service