Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

I just purchased this awesome 233 sportsman that I have wanted for quite some time. I bought her off an estate and it was a really good deal. It needs some TLC but it was literally loaded with everything needed to fish Salmon on Lake Ontario which is where I am at near Oswego, NY. Right now I am looking for a teak swim platform so I can have my daughters who are 3,5 and 11 be able to swim easier. If any one has one can they give me the dimensions so I can start looking for one? Of course, if you have one you will part with, let me know that as well.

As far as I can see I will need to fix the cracks in the Gel-coat already. There is spider cracks in the transom area outside of boat but the inside of the transom is in perfect shape. Also, it looks like the previous owner had bumped into something on the Starboard side rear. He repaired it but it doesn't look good at all and he put a bumper sticker over it. Water proof...yes, cosmetically pleasing....ahhh NO! From what I have heard, Re-Gelcoating a boat is quite expensive. But, I am thinking of just buffing the whole thing out, re-gelcoating the transom area and the repair on the starboard side! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I have made a commitment to getting this boat done right and looking great so when I am ready to retire in about....14 years LOL, she will be ready to ease me through the twilight years. Thanks to all for any input and great choice joining this website.

Views: 236

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice rig there!!! What engine/drive combo is it running?Reading your post has reminded me that my project looks like it was never fitted with anything on the transom....yet another project to do lol.

regards Doug

Thanks Doug. It is a 5.7 Mercruiser with alpha 1 outdrive. Can't wait to splash her. Ordered some new interstate batteries for her today because the others are weak. It needs some work but I basically got the boat free after I value the trailer and fishing equipment seperately. I have been looking for this hull for quite sometime but have always been out of reach for me.

Yeah I know that feeling,even though boats in general are far more expensive over here as are trailers,I pretty much paid for the engine in mine and the rest came with it.Has taken a year to figure out what is is though as it was commissioned for a government department AFAIK and is a custom build so no manufacturing data is attached.Yours should go quite nicely with that drive set up.

Doug

I hope so. I will keep everyone posted as to when she goes in. It might be about 6 weeks though because I just got neck fusion and doc restricted me from bumping the waves in a boat. It will give me more time to get her ready. Or at least, watch my great neighbor do the work while I watch. More pics to follow this week. Good luck with your projectas well. If there is anything I can help with just ask.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service