Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Original Hull/boat plate for a 1972 Formula 233 by Thunderbird.

I am looking for a picture of an original Hull/boat plate for a 1972 Formula 233 by Thunderbird. I am trying to have a replica made for my 233, the original one was lost years ago. I have been restoring my boat for the past year and finally getting close enough to start thinking about details. Thanks in advance

Views: 2251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you ever locate a ID plate so you could make a replica?

I am in the same situation and need to make a replica plate for my 1972 Formula 190. I will keep a look out as I continue the search. If I locate a id plate I will send you a image. Maybe we could find someone to make us a good copy and we could share the expense.

Good luck with you search and restoration.

Mark,

Success! I located a ID Plate from a 1971 Formula that was manufactured in California. I believe the only difference in the ID Plate would be it would have said "North Miami, Fla." and not listed the CA location. Please take a look at the plate and let me know your thoughts. Do you have any suggestions who might be able to replica the id plate?

Attachments:
Nice job on the capacity plate and instrument labels. Please send a photo after the installation.

Very impressive! You have done a exceptional job of restoration and modifications of a world class design. What type of components went into the cockpit floor? It looks textured and solid. Great job and thanks for the images.

Happy boating!

Incredible attention to detail. I have not seen the fiberglass non skid product you made. How was it made and attached to the floor. It looks to be bonded like a laminated fiberglass skin. I cannot see any seams.

Did you also make the fiberglass seat base and other fiberglass molded items? 

You must be in the boat manufacturing industry or should be.

Thanks for sharing you exceptional  workmanship. 

Interesting folding ladder? Is this another one off designs? Very nice.
I am trying to figure out how my boat was designed as it looks to be an almost exact copy of the Formula 233 hull. My boat is a 1972 Formula 190 and it looks to be a Formula 233 with cutdown sides. The hull looks to be exactly the same, with the shorter sides, which would change all the overall dimensions but not the hull. Could I trouble you to take a measment of your transom, from the outside. The measurement I could use is the width of your transom, if you were going to lay a tape measure on the top of transom bump out from left to right. I think this measurement will give me some information about the hull similarities. Thanks in advance for your help.

Good morning! Great looking fiberglass work. Did you make these yourself or purchase from a supplier? I need to make a new engine house box and wondering the best way to proceed.

Any suggestions?

Great job on the fiberglass work. Did you make a plug and create a mold? 

If you made a plug, what material did you use? The radius corners look perfect.

Do you have a photo of the mold and the finished plug, ready to build the mold? 

Did you only make 1 part out of the mold?

Thanks! Is this the first mold that you have made? Any recommendations for a beginner?

Ozan, sorry I haven't responded but I did check out all your pics. That's an awesome looking 233. Good workmanship and creativity. Looks great. Mine wont be that pretty it will be more fishing and diving and dogs and kids so I will need less cloth and fabrics and more kid proof materials :)  I could only hope mine comes out looking half that good. Could you attach a few pics of how you finished the inside of the cabin and the electrical under the dash panel. It looks like its hinged.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service