Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

I sold the twin 470's, and bought a 225 ox66 and an armstrong copy bracket.  Starting the fiberglass work on the transom this week.  Adding knees to stringers, and a horizontal support between them.  I am planning to have the engine mount 29" above parallel to the keel at 30" behind transom (25" inch motor plus 4" for set back).  I have a mirage 15"x15" and an aluminum 14"x20" props, but I think I am above and below ideal pitch.

Will and post pics this week.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar setup?

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a 233 center console with a single 225 evinrude. prop is an "sst 2". 14.5x19. boat runs 46mph tops at 5800 rpm. cruise 30mph at 4300rpm
I have the same twin 470 merc i/o set up but need to know what the proper props were for this set up , Do you remember what you had ? Mine are all hosed up by previous owner, I saw somewhere that the factory said 13-3/4 X24 does this sound right?
I think it had 14.5x21, but not sure. I never ran the boat with the twins. I remember they were higher pitch than I expected. Sold them with the motors. 470 outdrives are geared lower to spin more pitch than v8's. 24" sounds like alot. You can select the proper pitch if you know the speed and rpms you run now. Start a new thread, it will be seen by others who might have the same setup.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service