Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

hey i have a 233 cc i dont know what i should put on it single 300 or twin and how fast would i go with a single 300 .

Views: 2700

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim

What style and brand prop did you use?  Was your best fuel consumption around 3500??

I went with a PowerTech LFS 4 blade 16 X 19".

Thanks

Rick

hi rick   The new generation Yamaha has its genuine only new soft hub design s/s prop which is what i used for a quiet gear shift and performance is great cruise at 3500rpm  at 27 knots cheers Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for that, 27 knots is a great cruise speed.  I had to guess at my prop size but I think I am in the ballpark.  I gave the weight and dimensions to PowerTech and the computer said either 16 X 18 or a 16 X 19.

If you are running a 17" with a hardtop "hopefully" because I have just a wave breaker on mine  a 19" will do. 

I want to do the same as you, go out on multi-day trips.  The Coral Sea is 120 miles straight out from my home, which has some great reefs with nice protection. I asked Alan to pack as much fuel as we can inside my boat and I have a 200 ltr TurtlePac Fuel Cell to get me out there. 

Before you Twin Engine guys start to crucify me for going so far on a single engine , we will also carry onboard: Yamaha High Thrust Aux Engine, 2 VHF Radios, SSB Radio, Sat Phone and an Epirb. 

Cheers

Rick

hey rick that's a long way out we only go 35miles average, i also have 450 liters of fuel on board because we go out for four days at a time and the engine runs for 12 hours a day trolling and live baiting.  i can swing my 19pitch prop OK but its a bit short at WOT it only does 5300rpm and Yamaha want 5800 rpm but i do put it on if we run light for one day as it can get to 5600rpm with little fuel. THE NEW  YAMAHA COLOUR GAUGE DASH COMPUTER IS THE MOST IMPRESSIVE AND 100% ACCURATE FUEL FLOW AND USAGE IVE EVER SEEN.

regards Jim

Hi Jim

Yes I agree it is a long way!  Our normal run is between 35-55 miles.  I will only run out to to Coral Sea 2-3 times a year hopefully and of course when the weather is perfect.  I think Alan said he can squeeze about 633 ltr in mine.

I also have that Command Link Electronic Console with my engine and it looks very impressive.  Everything in one tidy color display.  Was your 300 electronic controls as well? I have never hooked up an engine like this but hopefully it is simple plug and play.

Cheers

Rick

hi rick yes its plug and play BUT you need the Yamaha computer diagnostic program to connect the electronic controls the colour gauge on dash. apart from that its worth waiting for. im using 30% less fuel with the new Yamaha 300hp than the last 225hp four stroke Yamaha i removed of it prior. simply more horse power pushing the boat easier with way less rpm. how long before you get your boat and motor?? and i take it you have decided on the single engine same as mine??

cheers jim

Hi Jim

Was your engine, controls and display brand new? If new it should just be plug and play, hook them up and the ECU from the Control box says hello to the ECU on the Engine. When you hooked everything up and you should have got a "Blue Light" on the control box.  Now if just one of those items was previously installed or hooked up on another boat then you might get a "Amber Light".  In the event of an Amber Light then the Yamaha Diagnostic Laptop is required to sync the system.

Cheers Rick

HEY RICK IT WAS ALL NEW IN A SEALED BOX AND CAME UP AMBER. LUCKY I HAVE THE YDS SO IT WASN'T A PROBLEM.

CHEERS JIM

Hi Jim

Well I better start praying for that "Blue Light"> Your not the first person to tell me that they needed the YDS, so yesterday I called the Yamaha Tech Center in Atlanta Georgia USA.  They said if all parts are new the light should be blue, well nothing to do now but hope for the best.  

Where did you get your YDS from? I have a YDS for my 200 HPDI and the leads I wonder if it is the same??

Cheers  Rick

hey rick mine is the same leads for the hpdi and all four strokes. i bought it from e-bay.

cheers jim

Hi Jim

Is the CD different or is it all on the same disc?? Thanks for your help Jim.

Cheers Rick

same disc, i have put my yds on a  hpdi and it worked.

thanks jim

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service