Formula 233 Registry

The premier site for owners of the famous 233.

Help ! Any parts for a 67 Buick 300 anywhere on this planet ? Its not like a 38 Jag # 3 piston or anything . Its a good ole American IRON and all I need is an exhuast manifold . Whats the big deal ? Nobody has one sittin in the corner catch'in dust and flies and maybe a spider web or two ? Come on people ! Well its kind of sad to think I'd have to switchout a motor because of a gosh darn E.M. and an Elbow . Thanks much Sailingary's out

Views: 37

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

gary, whats up with the rest of the power plant? Has it been salt water cooled for 40 plus years? I have never seen a buick motor in a boat. Is your a sterndrive or vee drive? alex
Ahoy to the group ! I've found a clevland 351 thats tobe turn key with outdrive to replace our old 300 Buick . met a guy on another site who got this 351 plus O/D for a striaght trade of an older IMP 24 we have minus the trailer .Does that sound like a good motor for the 233 ? Thanks Gary
Hello Alex, I would only say if you can patch the hole in your transom and update the outdrive you will be much better off. Also the parts for the GM (MERC/VOLVO) base 5.7 are much easier to come by and are still being used today. Good luck with the project

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service